Cooking Thyme With Tristan: Walt’s White Chicken Chili
WALT’S WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
This is a banging dish and I know you’ll dig it!
Here’s with you will need:
- 1 pound of chicken
- 1⁄2 bag of frozen corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 lime
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- A liberal amount of salt and pepper to taste
Here’s what you will need to do:
- Cut the chicken and season with 1 tbsp of everything listed
- In another pot, bring cream cheese, chicken broth and 1 tsp of the spices to a boil,
- whisking throughout
- Once cream cheese is melted, add chicken, corn, beans and chilies into pot
- Spice it up by adding some more red pepper flakes and cumin as you go
- Let simmer and let those ingredient marry each other, baby!
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Well, this will be a perfect soup for a chilly fall day so bookmark this for the next quarantine in the fall… HA! It rocks right now but it will rock even more then!
Note: it’s even better the next day! Until next time…